Sunday, December 13, 2009

A season of cooking and kindness

So, it has been awhile since I last posted anything of interest. I guess. I am going to be making pierogies this week. Always makes me think of Gram. I miss her. The time that I learned how to cook them Toby was little and I spent the whole day at Aunt Vicki's. Gram made noodles from the left over dough and she made mushroom soup. I don't know how to make her mushroom soup - I never learned. There are so many things I never learned from her. I didn't think that she would be gone so soon. I guess we should all know better.

Sunday December 20th, the boys are going to be in a live nativity play at St. Bridget's in West Rutland. Noah has two parts and Toby is singing a part in a song. I can not wait to see it. It is going to be so good. I love watching the rehearsals and seeing them grow into their part/parts.

I have a list of Christmas cookies that I want to make too. I am so excited to start doing those. I know Toby will help, but not Noah. Although he tells me he wants to learn how to cook - when he is home his games are top priority over cooking anything. O, to be a kid again, but then again, I take that back - I wouldn't want to be a kid again for anything - especially these days. Threats and playground beatings aside - we have come out stronger for it.

I will post some of the cookie recipes shortly.

No comments: