- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and cut across the grain into long, thin strips
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Combine pasta and sesame oil, tossing well to coat.
- While pasta cooks, heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add broccoli and onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add steak, and sauté 5 minutes or until done. Add pasta mixture, soy sauce, and remaining ingredients; cook 1 minute or until lo mein is thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.